Spread the love

A Bomet court has allowed detectives 14 days to hold seven suspects linked to a gang-rape incident caught in a now viral video.

Bomet Law Courts Resident Magistrate Mbeti Michuki allowed police to detain the suspects following a successful application by Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) officer Jefferson Mwithi.

In the application, Mwithi said he intends to charge the suspects with rape.

The suspects were nabbed on Thursday and booked at Bomet Police Station after a disturbing video that was filmed last year in December was released and made rounds on social media.

AD

The video has attracted wide condemnation from various organizations, including the Bomet Girl Guide Association led by Chairperson Dorine chepkirui who appealed to the investigating agencies to leave no stone unturned on whoever was involved.

She said the disgusting video has exposed the rot in society, a sentiment echoed by former Maendeleo Ya Wanawake Bomet Chairperson Sally Kirui.

Mrs. Kirui said a similar incident which happened last year in the same Chepalungu sub-county was an indication that society has lost its human values.

—Source: RMS 

dalanews.co.ke https://g.page/r/CerTmAWCtzj4EBM/review¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬ÿÛ C

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

error: Content is protected !!