For the second time in one year Meru Governor Mwangaza Kawira has escaped Impeachment at the Senate.
A majority of senators Thursday voted against all counts brought against her.
1. Misappropriation and misuse of County resources.
2. Nepotism and Related Unethical Practices
3. Bulling, Verification and Demeaning other Leaders
4. Illegal Appointments and Usurpation of Statutory Powers
Hon Ojienda Abstained
5. Contempt Of Court
6. Illegally Naming a Public Road after Her Husband
7. Contempt of The Assembly
However, Kericho Senator Aaro Cheruiyot’s wise words should serve as a stark warning.
“It’s not without reason that 52 MCAs should twice vote for your Impeachment. There must be something you are doing wrong. Now that you have gotten another lease of life, mend your ways,” said the Kericho Senator.